Tuesday, January 12, 2010

winter

Europe is covered in snow and I love it. After weeks of cold weather, I in a way got used to it and I enjoy the snow. This is so much better than rain. And eventhough we don't get much sun round here in Lithuania (thus the poor pictures), the days are much nicer when there's all this whiteness around. A drive in this snowy weather inspired me to knit two white items.

A hat and a snood. These were two quick knits, I wanted something on and off the needles quickly (I have enough UFOs around to start anything big already -- swatching does not count as a start, right?).
For the hat I used Bergere de France Lima - a nice, soft yarn to work with. I got to remember to use it for a cardi one day. I knit this on 3mm circulars.

And here's the snood by Kate Sonnick. I knew I wanted to knit this the moment I saw it on her blog. So even though I started the hat earlier, I knew there'll be this beauty to go along with it. Notice how I am shamelessly showing off my new ring I received from the beloved one on our big annniversary last month.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! It looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both pieces, they're especially great in those natural colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scarf - it looks very cosy! I still have to block my white scarf, though I think of it more as an autumn / spring scarf... so I have time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects! I love that hat. Now I want to knit something in white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that photo does look cold - but you will be all snug in your gorgeous snood and hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the contrast of the fabric of the hat and the cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous! This scarf looks so cosy and this hat is perfect for it. I love the snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both very pretty, I really like the chunkiness of the snood. They sure look soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pick up a little award over on my blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the knitting! Looks so warm :D
    Yes, it has been very cold this winter. Although it is not as bad in the UK we had more snow than ever. Hope your knitting will keep you warm ;)
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  12. siga! i love how your snood came out. and you look super cute in that slouchy hat...is that the simple pleasures patt from purlbee? yahaira is right...the natural colors are perfection.

    also, would love to see a FO pic of the twinkle lacy mohair T. not sure where to look on your blog...

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.