Tuesday, December 29, 2009

FOs: socks for me + him

Well, sock-knitting is addictive. These two pairs were a joy to knit. First, both are toe up. Secondly, cast on using Judy's magic cast on. OK, Firestarter might look better in a variegated yarn, but there are so many sock patterns by Yarnissima that I still want to try out, that I'll get my chance to do so some other time.

This pattern is by another toe-up guru, Wendy D. Johnson. I loved the pattern, it was not too boring, but easy-to-memorize at the same time. I also got to use up every bit of yarn (another advantage of toe-up). I knit both socks at the same time after seeing a friend knitter do so. Thus, no second-pair-syndrome here. However, I'm experiencing sleeves-syndrome at the moment. This one project needs sleeves urgently, but I do not manage past few rows now and then. I'm not getting anywhere with it at this speed. Oh well...

3 comments:

  1. very cute! I'm just about to make some house socks for Rog. It's freezing here!

    ReplyDelete