Saturday, October 3, 2009

FO: Taming The Mohair Monster

I was asked to knit a top. Something simple, the person said. Tight fitting, knit in rib around the waist, U-neck. Easy, I thought. I immediately pictured a flying fox (by canary). That was before I saw the yarn that the lady wanted her top to be of.
Then I thought whatever I knit, it'll be meant to land on this site.

This was a challenge. I knew I could not put any kind of pattern into it - the thing would be just crazy, so I started a top-down raglan, did simple increases. Straight after the bust - a k2, k2tog, yo row, then off to k2p2 - and that's it.



To bring in some femininity - I added a ribbon and tied it to a bow. Actually, I'd love the bow to be more dramatic and way bigger than what it turned out to be. This ended as is just 'coz I didn't find a wider ribbon.

I must say, sometime through the creation & knitting process, I fell in love with this mohair monster. And my head is already full of possible siblings to this one.


Yarn - some kind of mohair (not even sure what). Knit on 4mm circulars.

5 comments:

  1. That is so very pretty! I like it in the grey color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man labai patinka spalva. O kokia tai mochera? Kiek akiu buvo pradzioje ir koks virbalu numeris?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks so gorgeous - very romantic style with the black ribbon!
    You did a great job, Siga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a great job with that yarn!! You're right, only a very classic and chic line would go with a busy yarn. It turned out beautifully!!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete