Friday, July 17, 2009

FO: Mamai

Just a quick post of a shawl that I finished about a month ago. I loved knitting this - a great lace pattern and I enjoyed Kauni yarn as well. Ok, it's a bit scratchy, but after soaking it did soften up a lot. And it's sooo warm. I think I'll be needing a lace shawl for winter. Preferably out of this yarn.


Details:
Needles - US 7 / 4.5 mm
Yarn - Kauni Effektgarn 8/2, used 1 skein which was approx. 438.0 yards (400.5m). I'm not sure of this anymore as I lost the label.
Pattern - Adamas Shawl by Miriam L. Felton. When I was looking for the right pattern for Kauni, I was thinking of taking either this one or Kiri. I picked up this one as my mom's first great-grandchild (yeah, right) is named Adomas. That's the official reason. Inofficially, I was too lazy to look up how to do a provisional cast-on, so I started Adamas shawl as it uses a cable cast-on. ;-) But I will have to do the provisional one as I really want to knit Kiri.

5 comments:

  1. Siga, I love everything about this shawl! Lace, colour and yarn. They're very well chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks simply gorgeous! So glad to see you back at blogging. :-)

    By the way, what length of needles do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially as we've just been through a very very wet day, I love the sunshine-y colours of your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's bee-oo-tee-full! I really need to get me some hands on Kauni. I hear hair conditioner is supposed to be good in softening up a rougher knit, thought truth be telt, I've tried it to no effect. Worth a shot, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its lovely! Great pattern, and the stripes work really well.

    ReplyDelete