Saturday, May 30, 2009

lace love

I've been wanting to knit a lace shawl for awhile now. And it was really just a question of the right yarn and the right project for a beginner. I got yarn some time ago at a sale in Anette's Wollwerkstadt. It's Kauni 8/2 and you can check out all the amazing shawls knit with this yarn here.



When it came to choosing a pattern it was really either Kiri or Adamas Shawl. I ended up casting on for Adamas for different sorts of reasons (one of them being the fact that I could not be bothered to do a provisional cast on at that specific moment and had to start a shawl right there and then).


I also have two FOs to show you, my fellow knitters. One still needs proper buttons (I guess that disqualifies it as an FO even if it's all seamed and blocked) and I don't have pics of the second one. For that I need to get out and get some proper light.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, very very pretty! I love the yarn, and the lace design looks great. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I've been hankering for a lace shawl lately too. Can't wait to see your FO's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, so pretty! that colourway is gorgeous.

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Wow. That is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it unfurled :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.