Sunday, December 14, 2008

FO: Maze


Here it is, the long awaited textured tunic. It's been finished for awhile, but there's been no sun whatsoever for the past few weeks. That is, until today - we actually got to see some blue in the sky! The first thing that I did was get out and take some pictures. I still haven't blocked this one, but I couldn't miss this one sunny day, could I?

It fits nicely, I omitted the slit at the front only because I could not find the right button. Thus, there are no buttons at the side slits either. I added some waist shaping on both sides, but didn't overdo it. You can click on either of the pics to get a better view.

It is a nice colour, the yarn is so soft. OK, the thread looks different from what I'm used to, but it knits up nicely.
I used 5mm circulars this time, I tried my new bamboo needles and loved them. I guess all that I have to do know is to finally block this one.

14 comments:

  1. Looks great! Is that tweed?

    The first thing I did today, too, was take some pictures when the sun came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm the yellow is lovely and autumn-y. yellow is fast becoming one of my more favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! i think i prefer it better without the slit anyway.

    so did you frog the whole sweater and reknit it?? i'm glad you didn't run out of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, lovely! Well done it looks great, and nice colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweater is AWESOME!! it turned out so well, and looks gerat on you. Great job!!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! I love the color and stitch pattern. It fits you so well too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! And I think I might like it better without the buttonhole! congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! It's always so satisfying when you get a perfect-fit-knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! Well worth the troubles you first had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you were able to finish it! it came out great and fits you perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's best for a woman who doesn't have much up top and needs some help

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maize looks great on you! I like it sans-shoulder slit anyways. All your work was worth it - it fits great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.