Saturday, November 1, 2008

FO: Cobblestone

I have been knitting all this time. And here's the result. It's perfect. The pattern is well-written, easy to follow and great for movie&knit evenings. It'll easily become his favourite sweater, so I'm already browsing through Ravelry and looking for other men sweater patterns. With no luck so far.

Details: knit on 3.5mm (US4) circulars. Yeah, I must be a totally loose knitter because I usually have to take several sizes smaller needles. I swatched (!) with 4.5mm and 4mm circulars and did not like the look of it at all. Had I gone with the larger needles, the sweater wouldn't be as snug, I guess. But he likes it this way & I do too.

The yarn that I used is Cascade 220 Heathers and the colour is sea blue (#4005). I used only 5,5 skeins out of 7, so I still have some left for a scarf or something. I love this colour.

Other news knitwise: I've knit and frogged the back section of my Phildar cardi. I'll try to modify the pattern a bit and knit the whole thing in the round. I'll let you know how that goes.

7 comments:

  1. yay you're back! the sweater came out great, it fits him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sweater! jared's patterns are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! i'll be curious to see what man sweater you knit next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is beautiful, and it looks like it fits very well on him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the color and the fit are perfect! I'm anxious to see what other menswear you dig up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.