Wednesday, November 26, 2008

an explanation

OK, my last post didn't give enough explanation as to why I got into this destructive mood. So here it is.

As I went into my lys to get some tips on the knitting tension, I learned a lot about drape and the feel of a knitted garment. The shop owner let me feel some of the knitted items that were displayed and explained why some of them were knit a bit too tight and why the others were just right. And she showed me how to recognize that on a knitted garment.

The conclusion was: I was about to finish a sweater in a too tight tension. This meant that the stitches would not be able to move against each other. I knew I was going the wrong way and had to start over.

A week later and I'm about to finish the last sleeve. So, in a couple of days I'll be able to show off my tunic sweater, which fits perfectly, and I already can't wait to be able to wear it.

Meanwhile I'm also pondering which of the three I should knit first.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, it's always great to learn something new and useful! I never mind ripping to make something better. I like the first hat the best, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, nice hats, I like the first one too. But the second one is wicked also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one looks nice, but I adore the cable on the second hat. Is this Boutique Knits? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. being practical...i know the only one that would look good on me is the third one (although i've seen the first one knit up and it's fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a lot of ripping!
    I love those hats, my favourite is probably the one on the right. :)

    Veronika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.