Sunday, September 28, 2008

FO: Evening shell


It's so nice and warm today that I got to shoot some pictures outside. I've had this Cascade Magnum for a while now, but could not quite decide what I want to knit with this yarn. I really like Balthazaar Vest, Rockefeller Sweater and Karate Sweater out of Twinkle's Big City Knits. And this ecru colour would have been fine for any of the four knits. On Friday evening I wanted to finally start something and this was my choice.

I really like this vest - it's great with jeans, with a skirt or a dress. It feels a bit like wearing a Dirndl with a t-shirt underneath, but, hey, it's Oktoberfest and this look is in at this time of the year.

Details: knit in the round on 10mm (US15) circulars. I used almost exactly 2 skeins of Cascade Magnum in ecru and knit a long version of the vest (well, I'm not sure how long the long version is supposed to be, I just made it as long as I wanted my vest to be). Again, I read on Ravelry that there are many errors in this pattern, so did not bother following it too closely. That's the m-size.

5 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I like the big cable braid up the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks beautiful! the front cable reminds me of the opulent raglan in the latest knitscene :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Evening Shell is So gorgeous!! It turned out really well. congrats on such a geat fo!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, lucky you to have such a great figure to show it off : ) I love the cables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that turned out gorgeous! It looks so good on you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.