Tuesday, September 30, 2008

blogger games 2

Well, I've been also tagged by Wooly Stuff for the "six random things about me" meme. As always, rules first:
  • Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Write six random things about yourself.
  • Tag six people at the end of your post.
  • Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
  • Let the tagger know your entry is up.
Six random things about me? Honestly, I had no clue what to write when I got this meme, but it's a fun game and I want to play along (especially since I knew straight away whom I'd want to tag in order to learn 6 random things about them).
So here I go...
  • for me there's only one way of casting on - that's the way I was taught ages ago; I don't even know whether it has a name in knitting world; there're two versions of this in my "dictionary": single-stranded and double-stranded; I've never tried any other cast-on-technique and do not feel deprived yet
  • a never-knitter of Clapotis - I just cannot see what's fascinating about this pattern (btw, 7890 projects; in 4150 queues as of now on Ravelry - sheer unbelievable to me)
  • did not like SAC apart for the great clothes (and never actually watched the show); was too explicit for my taste; instead, I'm a huge fan of Desperate Housewives
  • secretly working on a plan to emigrate to one very beautiful country
  • have a sense of humour that only my little sis can keep up with; whenever the two of us get together, my dear one flees (voluntarily)...
  • designed my own wedding dress (but thankfully the sewing part was done by a professional)
Done! Now the fun bit - I get to tag a homely heroine (that's payback), chrochetgurl, Heidelblog! (I believe you have some interesting 6 random things to tell), the knitting archaeologist, knitters delight and the occasional knitter.

I leave for now with this as a reminder to me (I'm going to London on Thursday for an extended weekend).


7 comments:

  1. Hiya, thanks for the tag, thats a fun one. I'm fascinated to know which beautiful country you would like to move to. At the moment I think I'd like to live in New Zealand, but the tricky bit is finding a job on the other side of the world. I hope you have a nice time in London, let us know what I Knit is like - I've never been to any of the new knitting shops/cafes in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) i never understood why clapotis was popular, either. but i recently queued it because i don't know what else to do with that yarn in my stash :(

    2) i am also secretly working on a plan to live and work overseas! what country do you want to move to?

    3) my sense of humor is totally odd and only my family and bestest of friends understand it :)

    4) have fun in london!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did the meme!

    going to london for the weekend...sounds so fun! it has always been my dream to visit london and paris one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did my entry, hope you're having fun in London!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy! Thanks for tagging me:) I've posted my responses on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I used Ella Rae Classic wool in color #11. When I bought the yarn online, it looked like a peach color, but in reality, it's more of a dusty light pink. I have never used this yarn before so I don't know how it will wear, but I heard it's comparable to Cascade 220, except it comes in pull balls so there's no winding!

    Have you been knitting lately?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.