Sunday, August 24, 2008

FO: Shopping tunic

My shopping tunic is done. To state the obvious: I left out the pockets and the cowl-neck. I also knit it a bit longer than what the patterns calls for.

Details: knit in the round on US17 (12.75mm) circulars. I used Cascade Magnum and there's even a tiny bit of the second skein left. Otherwise there's nothing much to say about the pattern, since I substitute the yarn, I had to do some math while casting on and just tried it on a couple of times while knitting, to make sure that I did enough increases/decreases to get a fitted knit.

Forgive me the bad hair day. This is a great knit and I'm sure I'll wear this a lot in the upcoming fall/winter.

6 comments:

  1. I love the color choice. Both of your FOs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous! i was at the mall earlier and saw a similar shopping tunic that wasn't half as pretty...:-)

    thanks for the comments on talia...i just finished the the 3rd bust increase row and repeated the last 10 rows...so now i'm supposed to do 4 more rows and an increase row, but to start neckline shaping on the 4th row...it says i should bo 7 sts at beg of next 2 rows (sizes xs, s, m will have just completed teh last bust increase row), but i'm confused because i'm supposed to that before the repeat of second bust increase row?...i would appreciate help if you knew what was going on here...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mods - it looks great as a simple-shape with the scoop neck. Lovely color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the simple shaping.

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I love the mods, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! I think it will great in the winter paired with a long sleeved top! I have always loved this pattern and I like your modifications.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.