Monday, August 18, 2008

FO: Cabled glory

That's my try at Phildar Pull#486-T6-628 and I love it. I knit this small so that it'd be fitted, just as it is shown in the pattern. My size is not a 32/34, but I had this feeling that the vest in the magazine photo is clipped in the back on that thin model. That's why I still went for the smallest one. And I was right.

Details: knit in the round (that was not that hard to figure out, I only had to be careful about checking the pattern to make sure that I was looking at the right graph). I used Wolle Rödel Toscana yarn, which is a mix of cotton and acrylic and is really nice to wear. I used 2,5mm (US1,5) and 4,5mm (US7) circular needles. The pattern is very well written and I only spotted one mistake in the chart, which was quite an obvious one.

That's my first FO for Ravelympics'08. It took 10 days to knit & block it. Today it was all dry and I could finally put it on. Yey!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fast knit for an intricate pattern! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed how fast you knit that up! And I think your choices were perfect. The fit is really nice, and it looks so stylish... now I want to make one too. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some fast knitting! It looks very lovely. I'm glad you anticipated the "pinning-in-the-back" trick. It's very disappointing to trust the pattern based on the photo only to end up with a loosey-goosey knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful and looks professional! i love how you always choose the cutest knits :-)

    btw your talia inspired me to cast on last night...hope i can make it as i am still an advanced beginner at knitting

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow- it is so, so gorgeous!! You did a fantastic job, and it looks wonderful on you!!!

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously fast, its absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vest is gorgeous! Very flattering fit and I you made the right choice with the sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo freaking gorgeous!it fits you perfectly, I love the color and all those yummy cables! I can't believe you knit it so fast. so what are you going to knit for the rest of the olympics?!

    bitterpurl

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! You are a sweater master! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely! I want to knit that too one day...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.