Sunday, July 20, 2008

FO: Great-4-Work


... and for taking a ride. Or at least for pretending to do so.

This is my first knit out of Fitted Knits book and I'm quite happy with the result. If you read the introduction in the book, you get a few suggestions how to make the knits fit. My first mistake was that I did not take that seriously. I knit about 70% of the vest (putting it into percentage is Ravelry influence) and tried it for the first time. The outcome of this was that it had to be frogged and started over. I learned my lesson and tried it on frequently while knitting the second time.

Despite the fact that I used the wool asked for in the pattern, the overall fit of the garment is rather loose. I had to knit the smallest size and did quite a few decreases around the waistline and then again while ribbing before the waffle stitch. Now it fits the way I like.

Details: I knit this in the round on 4.5mm (US 7) and 3.5mm (US 4) circulars in the smallest size - for the 86cm (34'') bust with a few adjustments. I used just a bit over 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Quattro in colour #9433 Fiji. This wool is great and I'll definitely use it again.

8 comments:

  1. Oh it's gorgeous! I love the colour and it's sooooo stylish, superb photos too if I may say so : ) Well done on this one!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your knit looks great! It's too bad about the frogging. I find that really frustrating. But you came away with a great (and what appears to be very wearable) FO! The colour is smashing, btw. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really beautiful color and the vest turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great vest! and cool scooter! is that yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally in love with the brown top from previous post. It looks so classy and chic but trendy and versatile too. Good choice. Also think the vest is a great fit, very flattering. Scooter is awesome, Yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! This is seriously one of the best I have seen. Your mods have achieved a perfect fit! Definitely worth the frogging the first time around when you get a perfect fitting garment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vest is so pretty! I love the colour.

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is really cute and it sooo works to wear it with blue too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.