Sunday, June 29, 2008

FO: Talia


I knew I had to knit this right away after I saw it on Knitty. I was just looking for the right yarn. I haven't seen Brown Sheep anywhere in Germany, so I had to find the right substitute for it. I was going for black, just as in Knitty, but I liked the blue Bingo shade by Lana Grossa so much. And I thought the pattern will be even more noticeable in blue, which it actually is.


I knit between the sizes, but I really wish I had gone with the s and then just added more increases for the bust. It's somewhat wide at the bottom bit right now. I guess this will make it wearable in winter, though.


Details: Talia by SweaterBabe from Knitty Spring 2008. Knit on 5mm in one piece and then sewed shoulder seams and knit the armhole and neckline edging. 7 skeins of Lana Grossa Bingo, purchased in Wollstübl', Heidelberg. I used up all the yarn, there's not even a bit left. This took only two weeks to knit 'coz I had loads of time on the drive to the airport. (I was on a short visit to Lithuania last weekend.)



8 comments:

  1. Your talia looks beautiful! What buttons did you use? The woods look nice too ;)

    That's more or less the blue of the misti alpaca I saw last week at my LYS, which I would love to buy! It's very bulky, though, so I'm trying to figure out what to make, before I buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Great color choice, too. Another of your projects I need to add to my blog:) Thanks for your flattering comments by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talia is gorgeous! A very wearable garment and the color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this pattern - I have it in my queue! Yours looks wonderful, and I think you're right about the pattern showing up more in the blue. It has so much cool stuff going on with it that it is nice to be able to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great knit! I totally overlooked it in that issue. I love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect fit and great styling. It really suits you together with the blouse and a pair of jeans. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its really nice! Looks great on you and really well knitted, can't wait to see the other vest top you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful on you. Lovely colour

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.