Saturday, June 14, 2008

FO: Dreamer

Last week Christine showed me some LYS. In one of them I found Geisha yarn by Schoeller & Stahl and I knew right away this would be great for a Dreamer. I wanted to have a version of this pattern the way designer meant it to be, so I got the yarn (only 9 EUR for 6 skeins, by the way) and started knitting. A week later - voilà - my Dreamer.

The bottom bit is a bit wide, you can check some more pics on Ravelry. But I think the airy style makes it work quite well.

This took me only a week because I already had some practise with the pattern. I still want to finish the other one, but it'll take awhile. Now I want to move on to something else.

Details: 5 skeins of Geisha by Schoeller+Stahl. Well, I did start the 6th one, just because I was double stranding it. But 5 would have been enough.

I have it on right now and I love it! Pieces like this make knitting fun. If I knit it again, I would try doing it in the round, just like this knitter. I just didn't feel experienced enough to do it the first time (but experienced enough to take a completely different type of yarn the first time, I know).

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is some seriously impressive knitting! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its so beautiful, and that was so fast! I love the stitch designs, it really looks good on you. I tagged you for a meme : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so beautiful - I love the color and I like the way it flows! Maybe I'll try making one... I'll check it out on ravelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just may have to knit this. I LOVE it! You did an amazing job. I love the width and how it flows. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely gorgeous. I bought the pattern after seeing your completed dreamer. However, I am having enormous difficulty in figuring out the chart with regards to the paired increases/decreases. I am knitting the small as well. Since the small begins with a YO, does that mean that I ignore it or pair a decrease with it? Any help would be enormously appreciated. Thanks much, Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.