Saturday, May 31, 2008

smartass vests

I'm not really a person who wears vests that much, but I feel I could use one for work. I cannot turn up looking like a student who's come dressed ready for the next party. I need to look more like "look I've just been to the library"-type. So far I've found this Honeycomb vest by Sarah Castor. This is sooo the library type.

My other choice would be Back-to-school Vest by Stefanie Japel. I've been dying to knit one of Stefanie's designs ever since I got her book. And this looks like a simple pattern to start off.

I've been browsing through Ravelry (oh, my invite came surprisingly fast, in just about 7 days!), 'coz towards the colder months I'll be needing more of those. I'm looking for some distinguishable designs, no plain stockinette knitting, so if you have a pattern you love, please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to make Fad Classic, and I think it would give you a sexy librarian look. Not distasteful, just enough for a confidence boost in an interview:) Here's the link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fad-classic.

    Let me know if you decide to make it. I'll knit it with you!

    (Sorry about the deletion...horrific typing on that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! it was a really big accomplishment for me! and if I can do you can do it, I was only doing 3 miles when I decided to do the half.
    I wouldn't say i'm "addicted" but I am keeping up with it, it's great exercise.
    PS - I think you should knit the Talia vest, i enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.