Monday, May 5, 2008

FO: Ophelia

Today I want to show you a FO that's been successfully completed at least a month ago, but I never had a chance to make some nice pictures until now. It is an Ophelia cardi. This wonderful cardi was created by a mingled yarn, a very inspiring knitter/blogger.


Just look at this nice lace pattern! This was one of the fun parts in knitting this cardi. It looks more complicated than the actual knitting, which went surprisingly fast. Well, it is one of the more advanced patterns that I've ever knit and I was happy that I had no problem whatsoever following the instructions.
The only problem is that the front is curling a little bit inwards - I might have to do another row of crocheting. I definitely want to sew some hooks and eyes to the center front, but I haven't managed to do it yet, which is partly due to the fact that I am wearing this cardi quite often.


I am also very happy about the colour I chose, and the new wool and linen mix is nice to wear when it's warm outside. I get so many compliments on this cardi and it makes me such a proud knitter, which is all thanks to a mingled yarn for sharing this pattern.

9 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous! I love the lace pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love it. The lace pattern is gorgeous. That is such a wearable pattern for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks gorgeous - great job. I'm so glad you didn't have any trouble with the pattern. I definitely recommend adding the hooks and eyes; mine became much easier to wear after I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful FO! I think you chose a great colour too.
    (are you on ravelry? I'd add you as a friend if so! I'm canarysanctuary)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Ophelia is GORGEOUS! You make some great FOs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovelyy cardy anad how right you are about the colour. It certainly looks great on you. I think I might have decided on my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your juliet is cute, but I absolutely LOVE this ophelia cardi. I think I may have to add it to my ravelry queue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful. I got you blog from the designer of this pattens blog.

    What yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.